Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X, 2018.1.X
Unity generates garbage when UnityEvents are invoked with value type parameters if the event has a static event handler
1. Open the included project "UnityEventsBoxing2_UnityProject".
2. Open the Unity profiler and instruct it to record.
3. Open and play the scene "TestScene-NoGCAlloc". The UI text explains how the test is set up. Observe the profiler memory view and notice that no garbage is generated when the event fires in this case because it only has a dynamic event handler. This is good!
4. Open and play the scene "TestScene-GCAlloc". The UI text explains how the test is set up. Observe the profiler memory view and notice that 20 bytes of garbage are generated each time the event fires because it has a static event handler. This is bad...
Reproduced in 2017.1.2p2, 2018.1.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true