Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X, 2018.1.X
Unity generates garbage when UnityEvents are invoked with value type parameters if the event has a static event handler
1. Open the included project "UnityEventsBoxing2_UnityProject".
2. Open the Unity profiler and instruct it to record.
3. Open and play the scene "TestScene-NoGCAlloc". The UI text explains how the test is set up. Observe the profiler memory view and notice that no garbage is generated when the event fires in this case because it only has a dynamic event handler. This is good!
4. Open and play the scene "TestScene-GCAlloc". The UI text explains how the test is set up. Observe the profiler memory view and notice that 20 bytes of garbage are generated each time the event fires because it has a static event handler. This is bad...
Reproduced in 2017.1.2p2, 2018.1.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Black albedo when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP Player