Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Unity generates broken C# solution and project files if External Script Editor preference is set to 'Open by file extension'
1. Open Editor
2. In Edit/Preferences/External Tools select 'Open by file extension' as the External Script Editor
3. Download and open in the editor the attached project "1_RunningTest_Project.7z".
It contains two assemblies - Test1 is a test assembly for MyExercise and has a correct assembly definition reference to the it, as can be seen in the import settings of Tests1.asmdef
4. Select Open C# project from the menu.
Result: File explorer opens at the project folder, sln and project files pop into existence.
5. Open the sln manually. Notice errors into MyMathTests.cs - it does not recognize the types from MyExercise.
Expected result: No C# projects gets generated. Project files should only be generated by package implementations when Visual Studio or Rider, etc. has been chosen in the External Tools menu.
When Pressing Open C# Project it should open folder.
Actual result: incorrect C# projects gets generated.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Italic Font Style differs between Editor and devices
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR