Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Planned for 2021.2.X
Unity Editor crashes when editing "Base Map" color of a material
How to reproduce:
1. Open project "Case_1358618.zip"
2. In the Project window go to Assets/MyAssets/MyArtwork/Hostile/materials/MatLeaf
3. Select the "MatLeaf" material
4. In the Inspector window, under the drop-down menu "Surface Inputs", change the color of the "Base Map" (may need to do this step twice)
Expected results: The color changes
Actual results: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0b6, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a4
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.18f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a5, 2022.1.0a8
- Was only able to reproduce on Ubuntu 20.04 using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Nvidia driver version: 470.57.02)
- Switching "Graphics APIs for Linux" to OpenGL fixes the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete