Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Unity Editor crashes when editing "Base Map" color of a material
How to reproduce:
1. Open project "Case_1358618.zip"
2. In the Project window go to Assets/MyAssets/MyArtwork/Hostile/materials/MatLeaf
3. Select the "MatLeaf" material
4. In the Inspector window, under the drop-down menu "Surface Inputs", change the color of the "Base Map" (may need to do this step twice)
Expected results: The color changes
Actual results: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0b6, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a4
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.18f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a5, 2022.1.0a8
- Was only able to reproduce on Ubuntu 20.04 using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Nvidia driver version: 470.57.02)
- Switching "Graphics APIs for Linux" to OpenGL fixes the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a5