Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Unity crashes when Particle System Ring Buffer is Enabled and if Max Particles are set to 0
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Create a new Particle System.
3. Select Particle System in the Hierarchy and in the Inspector set Ring Buffer Mode to "Pause Until Replaced".
4. Delete Max Particles value or set it to 0.
Expected result: Unity does not crash.
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with - 2019.1.0a1, 2018.3.0b2
Not reproducible with - 2018.2.9f1 and earlier (No ring buffer)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Nov 19, 2018 14:14
Ring Buffer Mode doesn't work. Both modes seem utterly broken when using Particles Over Distance.