Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Unity crashes when Particle System Ring Buffer is Enabled and if Max Particles are set to 0
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Create a new Particle System.
3. Select Particle System in the Hierarchy and in the Inspector set Ring Buffer Mode to "Pause Until Replaced".
4. Delete Max Particles value or set it to 0.
Expected result: Unity does not crash.
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with - 2019.1.0a1, 2018.3.0b2
Not reproducible with - 2018.2.9f1 and earlier (No ring buffer)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute