Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Unity crashes when inspecting a 'ref return' property when debugging in Visual Studio
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User-attached project ("RefReturnCrash.zip")
2. Open Scene "Crash"
3. Open Script "Test" and attach the debugger to Unity
4. Create a breakpoint right below the 'Update()' function
5. Play the Scene in Unity
6. Inside VS go to the next step until you reach the 'var write' line
7. Inspect the line by hovering over it and pressing the 'expand' button
Expected: Unity does not crash
Actual: Unity crashes
Reproduced in: 2017.4.10f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.7f1, 2018.3.0a11
Note: the logs don't seem to provide any useful info or even indicate that the crash happened
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] PointerEventData.pointerId value is incorrect when pressing a finger on the screen
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version