Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Unity crashes when debugging a string with an invalid Unicode character
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1052246.zip" project
2. Open "main" scene and "BugRepro" script
3. Add a breakpoint in line 11
4. Attach the debugger to Unity Editor
5. Press the Play button in Unity
Expected result: Unity continues to run
Actual result: when the breakpoint is hit, Unity closes
Reproducible with - 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.4p2, 2017.2.3p2, 2017.4.6f1, 2018.1.7f1, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.3.0a3
- not related to a specific IDE. Reproducible with both Visual Studio and JetBrains Rider
- the crash does not occur if no additional characters are added to the string (to check this, uncomment line 10)
Fixed only in .NET 4.x
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Player is not deployed correctly through "Build and Run" and causes BuildFailedException: Deployment failed.
- [XR][GearVR] GrabPass does not function properly when using GearVR and Single Pass Instancing.
- GfxDeviceWorker crash when in playmode after upgrading project to 2018.3
- [ShaderGraph] BooleanShaderProperty uses wrong property attribute (creates keywords)
- Crash when attempting to undo an "apply" action to an upgraded disconnected prefab