Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
Unity crashes on launch if "metadata" folder is deleted before launching Unity with same version again
1. Open attached "test23" Unity project.
2. Close Unity editor.
3. Delete "test23\Library\metadata" folder
4. Open "test2" Unity project again with the same Unity version.
Actual result: unity crashes on "AssetImporter::GetAssetPathName".
Additional note: reproducible with any Unity project, which has at least 1 scene.
Workaround: delete library folder before launch.
Reproducible with: 5.2.0f3, 5.2.2f1, 5.2.3f1, 5.3.0f2
Not reproducible with: 5.1.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform