Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
Unity crashes on launch if "metadata" folder is deleted before launching Unity with same version again
1. Open attached "test23" Unity project.
2. Close Unity editor.
3. Delete "test23\Library\metadata" folder
4. Open "test2" Unity project again with the same Unity version.
Actual result: unity crashes on "AssetImporter::GetAssetPathName".
Additional note: reproducible with any Unity project, which has at least 1 scene.
Workaround: delete library folder before launch.
Reproducible with: 5.2.0f3, 5.2.2f1, 5.2.3f1, 5.3.0f2
Not reproducible with: 5.1.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar