Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
Unity crashes on launch if "metadata" folder is deleted before launching Unity with same version again
1. Open attached "test23" Unity project.
2. Close Unity editor.
3. Delete "test23\Library\metadata" folder
4. Open "test2" Unity project again with the same Unity version.
Actual result: unity crashes on "AssetImporter::GetAssetPathName".
Additional note: reproducible with any Unity project, which has at least 1 scene.
Workaround: delete library folder before launch.
Reproducible with: 5.2.0f3, 5.2.2f1, 5.2.3f1, 5.3.0f2
Not reproducible with: 5.1.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- [Build Pipeline, Meshes] Mesh Optimization is not using enabled Material Keywords
- [UWP][MR] Development console is in incorrect position in Window Mixed Reality app
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error