Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Unity build process freezes when compiling shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Shader_Crash.zip" project
2. Build the "16-Shader.unity" scene
Actual result: Unity freezes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.1.0b1, 2018.3.4f1, 2018.3.0a1.
On 2018.1 and 2018.2 the build completes, but Player crashes instantly. (Stack trace attached)
Errors are thrown during the building process:
"Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'ptr == NULL || !HAS_ROOT_REFERENCE(GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE()) || GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE() == GET_ROOT_REFERENCE(s_MonoDomainContainer, kMemMono)'"
"Assertion failed: Lz4 doesn't support input or output data size > INT_MAX"
Unity is actually not frozen. Compile time and progress bar was improved.
Fixed in 2019.3.0a5, 2019.2.0b7.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project