Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Unity build process freezes when compiling shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Shader_Crash.zip" project
2. Build the "16-Shader.unity" scene
Actual result: Unity freezes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.1.0b1, 2018.3.4f1, 2018.3.0a1.
On 2018.1 and 2018.2 the build completes, but Player crashes instantly. (Stack trace attached)
Errors are thrown during the building process:
"Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'ptr == NULL || !HAS_ROOT_REFERENCE(GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE()) || GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE() == GET_ROOT_REFERENCE(s_MonoDomainContainer, kMemMono)'"
"Assertion failed: Lz4 doesn't support input or output data size > INT_MAX"
Unity is actually not frozen. Compile time and progress bar was improved.
Fixed in 2019.3.0a5, 2019.2.0b7.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Feb 05, 2019 13:34
I'm currently encountering this issue when upgrading a project from 2017.4.14 to the 2018 versions of Unity.
This is fully stopping us from creating a working build of our game !
As of 2018.3 the error has changed to the following message instead: "Standard: Too large shader binary (-1911378036 > max 2147483647 bytes) - compression failed. Try reducing the number of variants or shader complexity."
Potential helpful info: https://forum.unity.com/threads/standard-too-large-shader-binary-1911378036-max-2147483647-bytes-compression-failed-try-red.618550/?fbclid=IwAR3RzbnhARyEkrcPOD6DWn_n7Zd0jkn2TAGAoZ121DYX9TQPl3UmBl4yLlY#post-4144252