Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Unity build process freezes when compiling shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Shader_Crash.zip" project
2. Build the "16-Shader.unity" scene
Actual result: Unity freezes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.1.0b1, 2018.3.4f1, 2018.3.0a1.
On 2018.1 and 2018.2 the build completes, but Player crashes instantly. (Stack trace attached)
Errors are thrown during the building process:
"Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'ptr == NULL || !HAS_ROOT_REFERENCE(GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE()) || GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE() == GET_ROOT_REFERENCE(s_MonoDomainContainer, kMemMono)'"
"Assertion failed: Lz4 doesn't support input or output data size > INT_MAX"
Unity is actually not frozen. Compile time and progress bar was improved.
Fixed in 2019.3.0a5, 2019.2.0b7.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown when selecting a message printed in the Console with specific string
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source