Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Unity build process freezes when compiling shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Shader_Crash.zip" project
2. Build the "16-Shader.unity" scene
Actual result: Unity freezes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.1.0b1, 2018.3.4f1, 2018.3.0a1.
On 2018.1 and 2018.2 the build completes, but Player crashes instantly. (Stack trace attached)
Errors are thrown during the building process:
"Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'ptr == NULL || !HAS_ROOT_REFERENCE(GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE()) || GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE() == GET_ROOT_REFERENCE(s_MonoDomainContainer, kMemMono)'"
"Assertion failed: Lz4 doesn't support input or output data size > INT_MAX"
Unity is actually not frozen. Compile time and progress bar was improved.
Fixed in 2019.3.0a5, 2019.2.0b7.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces
- Constantly creating and destroying CharacterController component causes a memory leak
- Memory usage 20GB when importing Common USS stylesheets
- Custom built DLL's scripts which have classes derived from UIBehaviour cannot be added as a component after deleting Library
- WebGL WaitForSeconds works incorrectly on low fps