Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Unity build process freezes when compiling shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Shader_Crash.zip" project
2. Build the "16-Shader.unity" scene
Actual result: Unity freezes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.1.0b1, 2018.3.4f1, 2018.3.0a1.
On 2018.1 and 2018.2 the build completes, but Player crashes instantly. (Stack trace attached)
Errors are thrown during the building process:
"Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'ptr == NULL || !HAS_ROOT_REFERENCE(GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE()) || GET_CURRENT_ALLOC_ROOT_REFERENCE() == GET_ROOT_REFERENCE(s_MonoDomainContainer, kMemMono)'"
"Assertion failed: Lz4 doesn't support input or output data size > INT_MAX"
Unity is actually not frozen. Compile time and progress bar was improved.
Fixed in 2019.3.0a5, 2019.2.0b7.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs
- [HDRP]Template Light Map is corrupted on first launch before rebaking