Search Issue Tracker
"Unexpected node type." Error is thrown and no Exception is caught when using JsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite function
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "Test"
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. Observe the Console Window
Expected result: An Exception is thrown related to the "Unexpected node type." Error warning about the wrong format
Actual result: "Unexpected node type." Error is thrown but no Exception is caught
Reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.15f1, 2019.3.0f1, 2020.1.0a15, 2020.2.0a15.
Note: Old format JSON is used
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor error message from IL2CPP on Windows Desktop with specific Visual Studio installation sequence
- [WebGL] Nothing is rendered (the screen is black) in the Player when using Safari
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- [Android]APK fails to be registered when building using Keystore with the build
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect