Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2021.1.X
"Unexpected node type." Error is thrown and no Exception is caught when using JsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite function
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "Test"
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. Observe the Console Window
Expected result: An Exception is thrown related to the "Unexpected node type." Error warning about the wrong format
Actual result: "Unexpected node type." Error is thrown but no Exception is caught
Reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.15f1, 2019.3.0f1, 2020.1.0a15, 2020.2.0a15.
Note: Old format JSON is used
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- globalgamemanagers.assets contains references to platform-specific scripts when those scripts are present in the Project
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property