Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.1.X
Undo crashes Unity with segmentation violation SIGSEGV
1. Open the project attached
2. Open the scene "SampleScene" (Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity)
3. In the Hierarchy window, select the GameObject "Test"
4. In the Inspector window, click the button "Duplicate1"
5. Undo the action (Edit > Undo Create-Child)
Expected result: Unity does not crash
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a12, 2022.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.6f1, 2022.1.0a11
Tested Mac and Windows
1. The Editor log is attached but it does not contain stack frames (only information that the crash was caused by segmentation fault)
2. The issue is somehow tied to the Asset used, because this does not happen in a new project when doing undo on a duplicate cube in a new project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI is rendered on the Camera with the UI excluded in the Culling Mask
- [UI Toolkit][Android] Text field becomes multiline during edition in the Player when the Multiline option is disabled in the UI document TexField settings
- BadImageFormatException is being thrown after creating URP or HDRP Template Projects
- Custom fonts aren’t applied to TextMeshPro Text when using <font> tag
- Shader's _CameraDepthTexture is not read when the Camera is rendering to a RenderTexture and has a reduced viewport