Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.1.X
Undo crashes Unity with segmentation violation SIGSEGV
1. Open the project attached
2. Open the scene "SampleScene" (Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity)
3. In the Hierarchy window, select the GameObject "Test"
4. In the Inspector window, click the button "Duplicate1"
5. Undo the action (Edit > Undo Create-Child)
Expected result: Unity does not crash
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a12, 2022.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.6f1, 2022.1.0a11
Tested Mac and Windows
1. The Editor log is attached but it does not contain stack frames (only information that the crash was caused by segmentation fault)
2. The issue is somehow tied to the Asset used, because this does not happen in a new project when doing undo on a duplicate cube in a new project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first