Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.1.X
Undo crashes Unity with segmentation violation SIGSEGV
1. Open the project attached
2. Open the scene "SampleScene" (Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity)
3. In the Hierarchy window, select the GameObject "Test"
4. In the Inspector window, click the button "Duplicate1"
5. Undo the action (Edit > Undo Create-Child)
Expected result: Unity does not crash
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a12, 2022.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.6f1, 2022.1.0a11
Tested Mac and Windows
1. The Editor log is attached but it does not contain stack frames (only information that the crash was caused by segmentation fault)
2. The issue is somehow tied to the Asset used, because this does not happen in a new project when doing undo on a duplicate cube in a new project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated
- Input.mousePosition flickers in the Game view while in the Play mode when playing in Fullscreen on the second monitor
- AssetDatabase.FindAssets behaviour is bugged when using filters as of 2021.3.14
- [Android] Player crashes on null pointer dereference when a VideoPlayer played from URL is stopped