Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.1.X
Undo crashes Unity with segmentation violation SIGSEGV
1. Open the project attached
2. Open the scene "SampleScene" (Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity)
3. In the Hierarchy window, select the GameObject "Test"
4. In the Inspector window, click the button "Duplicate1"
5. Undo the action (Edit > Undo Create-Child)
Expected result: Unity does not crash
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a12, 2022.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.6f1, 2022.1.0a11
Tested Mac and Windows
1. The Editor log is attached but it does not contain stack frames (only information that the crash was caused by segmentation fault)
2. The issue is somehow tied to the Asset used, because this does not happen in a new project when doing undo on a duplicate cube in a new project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fields are not focused correctly when using UI Builder
- UNITY_SERVER scripting define does not work when switching to Dedicated Server from Windows by script
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration