Search Issue Tracker
Undo crashes Unity with segmentation violation SIGSEGV
1. Open the project attached
2. Open the scene "SampleScene" (Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity)
3. In the Hierarchy window, select the GameObject "Test"
4. In the Inspector window, click the button "Duplicate1"
5. Undo the action (Edit > Undo Create-Child)
Expected result: Unity does not crash
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a12, 2022.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.6f1, 2022.1.0a11
Tested Mac and Windows
1. The Editor log is attached but it does not contain stack frames (only information that the crash was caused by segmentation fault)
2. The issue is somehow tied to the Asset used, because this does not happen in a new project when doing undo on a duplicate cube in a new project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device