Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.39f1, 2021.3.9f1, 2022.1.10f1, 2022.2.0a5
"Unable to read header from archive file: memarchive0" error thrown in the Console window when entering the Play Mode
1. Open the attached Unity project
2. Go to the Scenes folder and open "02_Menu.unity" Scene
3. Enter the Play mode
4. Observe the errors in the Console window
Expected result: No errors are thrown in the Console window when entering the Play mode
Actual result: Multiple errors are thrown in the Console window when entering the Play mode: "Unable to read header from archive file: memarchive0", "Mounting archive file system for lighting data asset failed!"
Reproducible with: 2022.1.2f1, 2022.2.0a4
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.35f1, 2021.3.3f1, 2022.1.1f1, 2022.2.0a5, 2022.2.0a15
Reproducible on: macOS 12.3.1 (Apple M1 Max) Editor, Windows 10 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980XE CPU 3.00GHz) Editor
- Errors are also thrown when building the project for Mac Standalone, but the build is successful
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Mar 20, 2023 20:49
Even tho that I tried cleaning the cache I still have the same problem
Mar 06, 2023 11:16
TWENTYEDGES solution worked for me! Thanks
Feb 27, 2023 11:29
i had the same issue after updating OSX to Ventura.
For me a simple Unity cache clean worked. Go to Preferences -> GI Cache -> Clean Cache.