Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3
Unable to override ColorMask in a Surface Shader with an Alpha Pragma directive
Customer been trying to render objects with Surface Shaders (using the legacy Rendering Pipeline) that use Alpha Transparency onto a Render target and found that the alpha value of those Shaders does not get written to the Render Texture because the ColorMask render state is forced to RGB.
1. Download attached "SurfaceShaderColorMaskIssue.zip" project and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Select the "Transparent Surface Shader" in Project window
4. In Inspector, click on "Show generated Code"
5. See at the Generated Code
Expected result: The generated code should not override the ColorMask value
Actual result: The line "ZWrite Off ColorMask RGB" is added, overriding the "ColorMask RGBA"
- This issue reproduces on both Windows and macOS
- This old case seems related to a Case 425429 and Case 618826
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.31f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.1f1 and 2019.3.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Rendering is broken with UIToolkit with many Intel GPUs (driver-bug)
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- [UI] Float type parameter in the Animator Controller displays 0.0 after being changed to a value <0.05