Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Unable to declare local variable within different scope
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (860956-TestCase.zip)
2. Open the Assets/test.unity scene
3. Error message appears in Console Window:
Assets/Test.cs(30,24): error CS0136: A local variable named `heal' cannot be declared in this scope because it would give a different meaning to `heal', which is already used in a `child' scope to denote something else
Expected result: The code should be compiled without error
Actual result: Compiler gives an error
Reproduced with: 5.5.0a1, 5.5.0f3, 5.5.0p1, 5.6.0b1
Not reproduced with: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.3p3
Regression introduced in 5.5.0a4
Answer from Dev team: The error reported by the compiler is actually correct. The code does not compile with the .Net C# compiler either. The old compiler was more lax, and allowed this incorrect usage through.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"
- [VerticalLayoutGroup] Children position is not updated when a child's scale is animated
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted