Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.13f1, 2023.1.0b10, 2023.2.0a7
[UI Toolkit] Can’t reposition caret or select text with cursor when renaming element
# Create a new project.
# Project View -> Right click -> Create -> UI Toolkit -> UI Document
# Open document in UI Builder.
# Drag any element into the UI Builder hierarchy.
# Right click element -> Rename.
# Try to reposition the text caret to the center of the highlighted text, or highlight a different section of text.
*Expected Outcome:* text caret is repositioned to where you click, or text selected is updated.
*Actual Outcome:* the renaming process is cancelled entirely.
Reproducible in 2023.1.0b3 and 2022.2.5f1.
Not reproducible in 2021.3.18f1 - this is a regression.
Have not extensively regression tested the issue - please contact the assigned ticket reporter if you need further testing or information.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset