Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
UI Meshes and Event System Objects not removed between instances of Player
1. Open attached project "ProfilerInstances 2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Open Memory Profiler by going Window>Analysis>Profiler>Memory
3. Enter and exit Play Mode repeatedly
4. In Profiler window's Memory tab, observe how the number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene is getting higher after every new play
5. In Hierarchy window, disable or delete Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects
6. Enter and Pause Play Mode, observe numbers in Profiler again
Expected result: The number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene stays the same on every new play
Actual result: The number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene is increasing with every new play except when the Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects are disabled
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.8f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a16
Inconsistently, the number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects still increases when the Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects are disabled/removed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SHADERPASS has incorrect value when using Shader Graph for Built-In target
- [VFX] Gizmo still incorrectly rendered for a hidden property
- Nested object label indentation is incorrect when using the UI Toolkit Inspector
- Crash on tlsf_free when UI Elements are moved to the side by scrolling
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when entering PlayMode while the GameObject's Properties Inspector window is in Debug mode