Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
UI Meshes and Event System Objects not removed between instances of Player
1. Open attached project "ProfilerInstances 2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Open Memory Profiler by going Window>Analysis>Profiler>Memory
3. Enter and exit Play Mode repeatedly
4. In Profiler window's Memory tab, observe how the number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene is getting higher after every new play
5. In Hierarchy window, disable or delete Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects
6. Enter and Pause Play Mode, observe numbers in Profiler again
Expected result: The number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene stays the same on every new play
Actual result: The number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene is increasing with every new play except when the Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects are disabled
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.8f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a16
Inconsistently, the number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects still increases when the Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects are disabled/removed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Quest 2] Surface shader and multi-view sampling custom textures broken in Quest 2
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles