Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
UI Meshes and Event System Objects not removed between instances of Player
1. Open attached project "ProfilerInstances 2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Open Memory Profiler by going Window>Analysis>Profiler>Memory
3. Enter and exit Play Mode repeatedly
4. In Profiler window's Memory tab, observe how the number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene is getting higher after every new play
5. In Hierarchy window, disable or delete Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects
6. Enter and Pause Play Mode, observe numbers in Profiler again
Expected result: The number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene stays the same on every new play
Actual result: The number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects In Scene is increasing with every new play except when the Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects are disabled
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.8f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a16
Inconsistently, the number of Textures, Meshes, and Total Objects still increases when the Canvas and EventSystem GameObjects are disabled/removed.
May 05, 2021 17:59
I'm hoping this is something that receives adequate votes to have resolved sooner rather than later. This sort of thing occurs in even the sample scene that I submitted. With more complex scenes, this could increase. I've yet to verify whether scenes being destroyed/opened in a built executable exhibits this behavior, but even in the editor this can make it a bit more difficult to track down and resolve issues related to graphics performance.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject doesn't execute animation the way it's supposed to until any GameObject in the Hierarchy is selected when in the Play Mode
- PropertyField does not properly render its field when changing it back from a valid Asset to "None"
- "ArgumentException: Input Button Enable Debug Button 1 is not set" is thrown when "Enable Debug Button 1" is deleted
- Duplicate invocations when Enabling InputActions during handling an input action
- "Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0a7