Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
[UI Builder] Setting Element's Margins to auto in a newly created file completely shrinks the Element and breaks the Inspector
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Click Window -> UI Toolkit -> UI Builder
3. In the Hierarchy, add a new Label
4. Set the Left Margin to "auto"
5. Save the UI file
Expected results: After the file is saved, the UI layout does not change and the Inspector window is functional
Actual results: The Laber is shrunk, Inspector window becomes blank when the Label is selected
Reproducible with: 2020.3.12f1(1.0.0-preview.14), 2021.1.12f1, 2021.1.0b1
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.28f1(UI Builder was not yet available)
Workaround - Saving the file before setting the Margins to Auto seems to prevent the issue
1. 2021.1 and 2021.2 streams were tested using the built-in package versions
2. The issue seems to only occur when the "auto" option is used. "px", "%" and "initial" didn't cause the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ‘[…] doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex’’ error when using Gizmos with [MainTexture] attribute
- "undefined symbol: WebView_loadHtml (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)" errors when building a WebGL build
- Script recompiles in Play Mode when Script Changes While Playing option is set to Recompile After Finished Playing and Auto refresh is set to enabled.
- [Windows][Vulkan] Scrambled texture objects are rendered when setting one with Texture2D.UpdateExternalTexture
- NullReferenceException errors appear when using "select half" button