Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Typed text is added to the selected text when using InputField.OnValidateInput
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "scene"
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. In the Game View, type "100" in the TextField
4. Select the TextField text and type "3"
Expected result: TextField's text is replaced with "3"
Actual result: TextField's text is not replaced (Typed text is added to the selected text)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.23f1, 2019.4.0f1, 2020.1.0b12, 2020.2.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
- Inspector window's ObjectFields are not updating correctly
- Linker error when building with the MRTK Graphics Tools package and Managed Stripping Level is set to High
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in Unity 2020.2.0a21