Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.1
Triangle & quad Sprites can generate far too many vertices
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the scene view
3. Set the view to "Wireframe"
4. The right sprite ("night_bg_lowerright") generated mesh has too many vertices
I tried rotating the sprite and it generated mesh properly.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
May 10, 2016 18:06
Still creates a lot of unnecessary polygons. This is specially true for isometric sprites.
Sep 26, 2014 10:06
This is not fixed in 4.6.0b18 - it's actually much worse now. Going to wireframe actually slows my desktop computer to a crawl (and this is just a lightweight mobile 2d game). There's what looks to be about 200-300 verticies for a single diagonal edge. Enough that it renders as a solid black mass when viewed at roughly 25% zoom.