Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Transform.position is different in Start and Update methods on WebGL builds when Canvas Scaler is set to Scale with Screen Size
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "case_1234614-WebGL_transform.position"
2. Open the scene "SampleScene"
3. Make a WebGL build and run it
4. Observe the results in the Console window
Expected results: the values of the Transform.position of the GameObject "Image" are the same in the Start() and in the Update() methods
Actual results: the values of the Transform.position of the GameObject "Image" are different in the Start() and in the Update() methods
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a11, 2019.3.8f1, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.21f1, 2019.3.0a10
Could not test with: 2017.4.39f1 due to errors
Tested on: Chrome (81.0.4044.92), Firefox (75.0), Microsoft Edge (44.18362.449.0)
1. It is only reproducible when the Canvas Scaler is set to Scale with Screen Size
2. It is not reproducible with the Transform.localPosition
3. The values of Transform.position changes after the first execution of the Update method
4. It is reproducible only on WebGL builds
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform