Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.12f1
Fixed in 2018.2.X, 2018.3.X
Transform.hierarchyCount always returns 0 regardless of the number of transforms in the transform's hierarchy data structure
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Create a new script that prints out 'Transform.hierarchyCount'
3. Attach the script to any GameObject
4. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: the number of transforms in the transform's hierarchy is printed in the Console window
Actual result: the number '0' is always printed in the Console window
Reproducible with: 2018.2.0a1, 2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b2, 2019.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.9f2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Dec 13, 2018 15:10
No, it is not. Broken in 2018.2.19. Please reopen and fix than. For now I forced to use transform.GetComponentsInChildren<RectTransform>().Length, wich slows my project down to 12 FPS.
Oct 23, 2018 08:52
Oct 02, 2018 20:23
This is still broken in 2018.2.10f1.