Search Issue Tracker
Planned for 1.19.X
Found in [Package]
Toggling "Optimize Mesh Data" in Project Settings doesn't invalidate build pipeline cache for Addressables
1. Open the attached "OptimizeMeshData" project
2. Open Project Settings and enable "Optimize Mesh Data"
3. Open the Addressables Groups window and make a new build
4. Navigate to "OptimizeMeshData/Library/com.unity.addressables/aa/Windows/StandaloneWindows64" (OSX for macOS)
5. Observe the "defaultlocalgroup_scenes_all.bundle" size
6. Open Project Settings and disable "Optimize Mesh Data"
7. Repeat steps 3 to 5
Expected result: "defaultlocalgroup_scenes_all.bundle" size is higher (49 KB) with "Optimize Mesh Data" disabled
Actual result: "defaultlocalgroup_scenes_all.bundle" size is the same (29 KB) with "Optimize Mesh Data" disabled
Reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.34f1, 2021.3.3f1, 2022.1.2f1, 2022.2.0a15
Reproduced on: Windows 11, macOS 12.0.1 (Intel)
Workaround: Clear build pipeline cache before building (Addressables Groups window > Build > Clean Build / Clear Build Cache)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU