Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
[TMP] Soft hyphen Unicode is outputted when setting it through script if OnValidate is not used
1. Open the attached Project "SoftHyphenation.zip"
2. In the Project Window under "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity"
3. In the Hierarchy Window select the "HyphenationTest" GameObject
4. In the Inspector Window check the "Set Without Validate" property of "HyphenationTest" Script and enter Play Mode
Expected result: "Speditionskauffrau/mann" text is outputted
Actual result: "Spe\u00ADdi\u00ADtions\u00ADkauf\u00ADfrau/\u00ADmann" text is outputted if OnValidate is not used (attached Results.mp4)
Reproduces on: TMP 1.5.3 (2018.4.29f1), TMP 2.1.3 (2019.4.15f1), TMP 3.0.3 (2020.1.14f1, 2020.2.0b12, 2021.1.0a6)
-If OnValidate is enabled, the text is outputted as expected
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform