Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Fixed in 2018.3, 2019.1
"TimeZoneNotFoundException InvalidTimeZoneException" error, when registry "TimeZoneKeyName" is empty, crashes Editor/Build
"TimeZoneNotFoundException InvalidTimeZoneException" error, when registry "TimeZoneKeyName" is empty, crashes or freezes the Editor or Build
1. Change your Time zone to "(UTC+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong, Urumqi"
2. Open "Regedit" -> "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation"
3. Change "TimeZoneKeyName" value data to empty (Delete the value data)
4. Open "TH20" project or Standalone Build
5. Enter Play mode or Start Standalone Build
Expected Result: Project opens succesfully/Play mode enters successfully/Build launches successfully
Actual Result: The Editor doesn't launch or Editor/Build freezes/crashes
Fixed in: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.1.0b3, 2018.3.5f1
Reproduced with: 2018.1.9f1
The registry "TimeZoneKeyName" is empty sometimes when using some Chinese time zones and/or Language settings
Reproduces in Editor and Standalone
Launching the Editor when "TimeZoneKeyName" is empty almost always silently crashes/exits the Editor
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot change the font size of Text Mesh to zero when using a non-dynamic font
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build
- Shadows in Scene view are displayed one level Higher than they are set under the Light Shadow settings in the Inspector window