Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
[Timeline][iOS] Build causes "ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to JIT compile method" in Xcode
When this project is built for iOS, `Timeline2` never plays unlike it does in the Unity Editor. Also, the following error message in Xcode is seen:
`ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to JIT compile method 'System.Linq.Enumerable:Iterate<UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset, double> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset>,double,System.Func`3<UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset, double, double>)' while running with --aot-only.
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Max[TrackAsset] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.Timeline.TimelineAsset.CalculateDuration () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.Timeline.TimelineAsset.get_duration () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.Playables.PlayableAsset.Internal_GetPlayableAssetDuration (UnityEngine.Playables.PlayableAsset asset, IntPtr ptrToDouble) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attach project (TimelineTest.zip)
2. Build and Run for iOS device
Result: `Timeline2` never plays unlike it does in the Unity Editor. An error is seen in Xcode Console.
Reproduced with: 2017.1.0p2.
Not reproduced with: 2017.3.0a2 (linker Errors), 2017.2.0b5 (even more linker errors), 5.6 (no Timeline feature).
Tested with: iPad mini 4 iOS 10.3.2, iPod Touch 6th gen iOS10.2.1; Xcode 9.0 beta 4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 6.0.1.
Note: Timeline build works as expected on Android and Standalone.
Backported to: 2017.1.1p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Character Controller's change of position in OnCharacterControllerHit is ignored
- [Oculus | Singlepass] View in headset renders upside down IN headset/compositor mirror with Oculus/Singlepass
- Surface Shader bug: #pragma hardware_tier_variants generates corrupt UV's
- [VideoImporter] Video files moved from StreamingAssets to Assets folder shows MovieTexture importer settings
- Render texture is mirrored when Camera's Clear Flags are set to Don't Clear