Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
There's no way to determine the reason behind each of multiple calls of OnPostprocessAllAssets
Steps to reproduce:
First of all, multiple calls is by design so there's no bug in this aspect.
1. Open attached project
2. Open scene "test"
3. Clear the console
4. In scene "test" move some object so that it would become dirty
5. Save the scene
6. Notice that OnPostprocessAllAssets is called 3 times
7. Clear console
8. In Project tab, select material "efasdsad" and edit it
9. In top menu select "File > Save Project"
10. Notice that OnPostprocessAllAssets is called 2 times now
Problem with this behavior: Users can't determine which call of OnPostprocessAllAssets does what so there isn't much of the use case of having multiple calls. Also, since the number of calls can differentiate depending on the action performed in editor users can't "just skip some calls untill the final one and execute code then".
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p1, 5.4.0b8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Quest 2] Surface shader and multi-view sampling custom textures broken in Quest 2
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles