Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
The unused shaders are still being tracked when Asynchronous Shader compilation is enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" in the attached project "case_1169786"
2. Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Graphics
3. Click on the "Clear" button at the bottom of the window
4. Disable the "Cube" GameObject
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 one more time
Expected results: Tracked Shader quantity is lower when "Cube" is disabled
Actual results: Tracked Shader quantity is the same in both cases
Reproducible with: 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.3.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.0b5, 2019.2.0a6
1. The first affected versions of each stream are the ones where Async Shader compilation was introduced. Disabling Async Shader compilation will solve this issue.
2. The reason why there are more tracked shaders when Async Shader compilation is on is that Cube GameObject shaders remain tracked even though this GameObject is disabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Video won't play at start of scene
- Material error appears when changing Atlas Render Mode for fonts
- Editor throws a console error every time the layout it reset
- Crash on physx::NpShapeManager::findSceneQueryData when entering Play Mode
- Single RenderTexture leak when scattering texture using ScatterAlphamap/EndPaintHeightmap