Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
The unused shaders are still being tracked when Asynchronous Shader compilation is enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" in the attached project "case_1169786"
2. Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Graphics
3. Click on the "Clear" button at the bottom of the window
4. Disable the "Cube" GameObject
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 one more time
Expected results: Tracked Shader quantity is lower when "Cube" is disabled
Actual results: Tracked Shader quantity is the same in both cases
Reproducible with: 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.3.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.0b5, 2019.2.0a6
1. The first affected versions of each stream are the ones where Async Shader compilation was introduced. Disabling Async Shader compilation will solve this issue.
2. The reason why there are more tracked shaders when Async Shader compilation is on is that Cube GameObject shaders remain tracked even though this GameObject is disabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first