Search Issue Tracker
The unused shaders are still being tracked when Asynchronous Shader compilation is enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" in the attached project "case_1169786"
2. Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Graphics
3. Click on the "Clear" button at the bottom of the window
4. Disable the "Cube" GameObject
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 one more time
Expected results: Tracked Shader quantity is lower when "Cube" is disabled
Actual results: Tracked Shader quantity is the same in both cases
Reproducible with: 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.3.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.0b5, 2019.2.0a6
1. The first affected versions of each stream are the ones where Async Shader compilation was introduced. Disabling Async Shader compilation will solve this issue.
2. The reason why there are more tracked shaders when Async Shader compilation is on is that Cube GameObject shaders remain tracked even though this GameObject is disabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SBP Support for Mip Stripping
- Prefab Hierarchy is reordered after upgrading a project to a newer version of Unity
- OnTriggerExit2D when disabling a GameObject
- [DirectX12] FrameTimingManager does not return useful data
- [GPU PLM] High resolution lightmap bake keeps on restarting when Progressive Updates flag is enabled