Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
"The Prefab instance was disconnected during deactivation while merging." error is thrown when modifying and saving a Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "Test"
2. In the Project Window, open the "Cube" Prefab
3. Make a change to the Prefab ( i.e. change Mesh Renderer's Cast Shadows option to "Off")
4. Save the Prefab
5. Inspect the Console
Expected result: Prefab is saved and no errors are thrown
Actual result: "The Prefab instance was disconnected during deactivation while merging." error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.29f1, 2019.4.15f1, 2020.1.10f1, 2020.2.0b12, 2021.1.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- ChangeSets are not detected when created via Editor Scripts
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"