Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
The Hierarchy window does not update when the parent of the GameObject is changed in the script during the Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "case_1200758-HierarchyWindow"
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Press the Play button
4. Drag the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" (the red small square) into another white square
5. Observe the results in the Console window and the Hierarchy window
Actual results: The parent of the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" instantly changes to the GameObject "GameLocationObject1 (1)" in the Hierarchy window
Expected results: The parent of the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" is still the GameObject "GameLocationObject1" in the Hierarchy window
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a6, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.0a17.
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in 2019.3.0f4.