Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
The Hierarchy window does not update when the parent of the GameObject is changed in the script during the Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "case_1200758-HierarchyWindow"
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Press the Play button
4. Drag the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" (the red small square) into another white square
5. Observe the results in the Console window and the Hierarchy window
Actual results: The parent of the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" instantly changes to the GameObject "GameLocationObject1 (1)" in the Hierarchy window
Expected results: The parent of the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" is still the GameObject "GameLocationObject1" in the Hierarchy window
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a6, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect
- New Lighting Settings wipes the settings in the Lighting Window
- Splash screen animation continues playing in the background while resolution is being changed upon launching the player
- Video won't play at start of scene