Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
The Hierarchy window does not update when the parent of the GameObject is changed in the script during the Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "case_1200758-HierarchyWindow"
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Press the Play button
4. Drag the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" (the red small square) into another white square
5. Observe the results in the Console window and the Hierarchy window
Actual results: The parent of the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" instantly changes to the GameObject "GameLocationObject1 (1)" in the Hierarchy window
Expected results: The parent of the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" is still the GameObject "GameLocationObject1" in the Hierarchy window
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a6, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar