Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
The Hierarchy window does not update when the parent of the GameObject is changed in the script during the Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "case_1200758-HierarchyWindow"
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Press the Play button
4. Drag the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" (the red small square) into another white square
5. Observe the results in the Console window and the Hierarchy window
Actual results: The parent of the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" instantly changes to the GameObject "GameLocationObject1 (1)" in the Hierarchy window
Expected results: The parent of the GameObject "GamePieceObject1" is still the GameObject "GameLocationObject1" in the Hierarchy window
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a6, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces
- Constantly creating and destroying CharacterController component causes a memory leak
- Memory usage 20GB when importing Common USS stylesheets
- Custom built DLL's scripts which have classes derived from UIBehaviour cannot be added as a component after deleting Library
- WebGL WaitForSeconds works incorrectly on low fps