Search Issue Tracker
The Editor freezes or quits when building project with a specific combination of Prefabs and Scripts
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1414548project"
2. Build the project with Scene "PreLoad"
3. Observe the building load bars
Actual result: Building the project gets stuck on building Scene "PreLoad" and the Editor freezes or crashes without a stack trace
Expected result: Building the project finishes successfully and the Editor doesn't quit
Reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.3.0f1, 2022.1.0b16, 2022.2.0a10
1. Exporting the scene on which it gets stuck and building it on another project did not produce a freeze or a crash
2. The Editor usually freezes in 2019.4, but quits without a stack trace on the newer streams
3. The Workaround is to remove any Prefabs that contain the Script "Ground", doing this will remove all issues
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- AudioManager.Update takes up significantly more CPU time when a big number of Audio Sources are stopped at one time
- [Linux] Editor doesn't build a project when "Install into source code 'build' folder" is enabled after switching projects
- UI Builder lacks visual feedback on reordering elements when Unity Editor is set to Light Theme
- Crash on core::StringStorageDefault<char>::assign when opening a project
- [WebGL] Video Player updates to a previously sought frame when seeking a paused video