Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.3.X
The BinaryReader read data to a Span <byte> is always zero
How to reproduce:
1. Open project "ReadToSpan.zip"
2. In the top Menu bar press Test>Test BinaryReader to Span
Expected result: No error
Actual result: Error appears: ("AssertionException: Assertion failure. Values are not equal. Expected: 1 == 0")
Reproducible with: 2021.2.1f1, 2022.1.0a16
Could not test with: 2019.4.32f1 (Errors: "Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Reflection/TypeOptionTree.cs(55,21): error CS1525: Invalid expression term '='"), 2020.3.24f1 (Errors: "Assets/BinaryReaderSpan.cs(44,32): error CS0518: Predefined type 'System.Span`1' is not defined or imported")
- The Test BinaryReader to byte is working fine
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a1
Fixed the class library code for BinaryReader that handles reading to Span.