Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
The "Add component" window will reset the search if it is open during re-compile
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any project
2. Click "Add Component" on any object
3. Write in something like "rig" so the filter would come up with rigidbody components
4. Create a new script and open it
5. Change something to force a compile
6. When back at Unity have the "Add component" window open before the re-compilation
7. The filter area will get flushed and even though the search bar still has "rig" written in it, the Components are not filtered.
Expected: The filter does not get reset when the "Add component" window is open during recompile.
Actual: The filter gets reset, upon next opening of the "Add component" the last searched item does not appear.
Reproduced on 2017.2.0b9, 2017.1.1p1, 2017.1.0f3, 2017.1.0b1, 2017.1.0a6
Regression introduced in: 2017.1.0a5
Does not reproduce on: 5.6.3p3, 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0a3, 2017.1.0a4
Notes: The older versions close the add component window before compiling and so preserve the information.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Slow editor shutdown when baking with progressive lightmapper
- Clicking on cloud icon in "In the Cloud" section, instead of opening Unity Version selector it opens save project location Popup
- [MacOS] Windows that are unattached are hidden behind Editor when the Editor Window is focused
- Some ParticleSystems use the wrong texture when several of them are being rendered with different Textures
- Tilemap's collider is offset on the X-axis when using Isometric Tilemap