Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
The "Add component" window will reset the search if it is open during re-compile
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any project
2. Click "Add Component" on any object
3. Write in something like "rig" so the filter would come up with rigidbody components
4. Create a new script and open it
5. Change something to force a compile
6. When back at Unity have the "Add component" window open before the re-compilation
7. The filter area will get flushed and even though the search bar still has "rig" written in it, the Components are not filtered.
Expected: The filter does not get reset when the "Add component" window is open during recompile.
Actual: The filter gets reset, upon next opening of the "Add component" the last searched item does not appear.
Reproduced on 2017.2.0b9, 2017.1.1p1, 2017.1.0f3, 2017.1.0b1, 2017.1.0a6
Regression introduced in: 2017.1.0a5
Does not reproduce on: 5.6.3p3, 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0a3, 2017.1.0a4
Notes: The older versions close the add component window before compiling and so preserve the information.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Semi transparent particles are incorrect in the game view
- [iOS] UI elements are invisible on iOS devices when using AdditionalUIRenderer
- Setting ArticulationBody.collisionDetectionMode at runtime via script to Discrete does not work if its being set from Continuous
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0