Search Issue Tracker
Fix in review
Texture Quality setting work only on textures with specific qualifications
1. Open "Bug" project
2. Set "Edit > Project Settings > Quality > Texture Quality" to non " Full Res"
3. Notice that only the textures that are
- Texture is Square
- Side length is greater or equals to 8 pixels (8, 9, 10...)
- Side length is power of 2 (8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512...)
Only these textures are affected by this "Texture Quality" setting
Expected behaviour: All textures are effected by "Texture Quality".
Actual result: Only the textures with specific qualifications are affected.
Reproduced on MacOS and iOS.
Reproduced on versions: Unity 5.3.5f1, 5.3.7p4, 5.4.4p3, 5.5.0f3, 5.5.1p4, 5.6.0b9, 7.1.0a1
Reproduced on device: iPhone SE iOS 9.3, iPad Air iOS 8.1.1, iPhone 6s iOS 10.3
Did not reproduce on device: iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2
Note: iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2 was the only device that worked as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes at "GetAnalyticsData" when assigning material to a broken model
- Memory leak caused when a static flag is set to 'lightmap static' on an imported model game object
- Editor freeze on "Checking workspace has not changed" message
- SerializedObject held by 'assetEditor' of ScriptedImporterEditor does not refresh on reimport
- Platform-dependent assets imported by ScriptedImporter will not get reimported when platform is changed