Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
TextMeshPro - Text (UI) does not display outline effect when used with a custom shader
1. Open attached project ("case_1257149-Sample.zip")
2. Enter the Play mode
3. Observe the top-most text
Expected result: The text has a green outline
Actual result: The text has no outline
Reproducible in: 2018.4.26f1 (1.4.0, 1.5.0), 2019.4.6f1 (2.0.0, 2.1.1), 2020.1.0f1, 2020.2.0a19 (3.0.0, 3.0.1)
Note: The issue is not reproducible with TextMeshPro - Text (outside of Canvas) or a regular Text component
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Make use of the materials texture ID and Texel size if not texture was provided.