Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
TextAsset.bytes returns different bytes with different file extensions
1. Open project in "TextTest.zip"
2. In "TextAssetTest.cs" the test will compare bytes of 2 identical files (text wise) but with different extensions (".txt", ".bytes")
3. Open Test Runner window (Window -> General -> Test Runner)
4. Click "Run All"
Expected result: test will not fail
Actual result: test fails
Reproducible with: 2019.2.12f1, 2019.3.0b10, 2020.1a12
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.0a5
1. TextAsset.bytes documentation implies that for getting bytes of a file, it needs to have the extension ".bytes". Even though documentation is the same for all versions, the behavior is different
2. Only some characters in files cause the issue, such as 'š', 'ž', for example. Otherwise, test results with .txt and .bytes extensions will be the same
3. Test is defined in "TextTestAsset.cs"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Treeview is infinitely populating items when using IL2CPP build
- ProBuilder prefab thumbnails do not showcase the prefab when observed in the Project window
- Wrong documentation page is displayed for the "Scene Template Pipeline" help icon
- Missing Device Simulator API
- Shadow gets cut off when in Play Mode and using shader "Shader Graph/Rotation Shader" for material