Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
TextAsset.bytes returns different bytes with different file extensions
1. Open project in "TextTest.zip"
2. In "TextAssetTest.cs" the test will compare bytes of 2 identical files (text wise) but with different extensions (".txt", ".bytes")
3. Open Test Runner window (Window -> General -> Test Runner)
4. Click "Run All"
Expected result: test will not fail
Actual result: test fails
Reproducible with: 2019.2.12f1, 2019.3.0b10, 2020.1a12
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.0a5
1. TextAsset.bytes documentation implies that for getting bytes of a file, it needs to have the extension ".bytes". Even though documentation is the same for all versions, the behavior is different
2. Only some characters in files cause the issue, such as 'š', 'ž', for example. Otherwise, test results with .txt and .bytes extensions will be the same
3. Test is defined in "TextTestAsset.cs"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Camera.WorldToScreenPoint is producing different behavior with dynamic resolution
- Gray color does not equal gray when comparing Color.gray and Color.gray