Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
TextAsset.bytes allocates memory on each call, need a NativeArray / non-alloc version
Calling TextAsset.bytes allocates a new C# array on every call. This can get expensive (both in memory usage and garbage collector pressure), especially if you want to read just several bytes from a potentially large asset.
A way for read-only access to the data without an extra allocation, perhaps via NativeArray<T> accessor, would be useful.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window