Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
TextAsset.bytes allocates memory on each call, need a NativeArray / non-alloc version
Calling TextAsset.bytes allocates a new C# array on every call. This can get expensive (both in memory usage and garbage collector pressure), especially if you want to read just several bytes from a potentially large asset.
A way for read-only access to the data without an extra allocation, perhaps via NativeArray<T> accessor, would be useful.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up