Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
TextAsset.bytes allocates memory on each call, need a NativeArray / non-alloc version
Calling TextAsset.bytes allocates a new C# array on every call. This can get expensive (both in memory usage and garbage collector pressure), especially if you want to read just several bytes from a potentially large asset.
A way for read-only access to the data without an extra allocation, perhaps via NativeArray<T> accessor, would be useful.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader's _CameraDepthTexture is not read when the Camera is rendering to a RenderTexture and has a reduced viewport
- Crash on Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit_Internal_Injected when enabling a GameObject in scene
- Reloading domain while Audio Random Container window is hidden breaks the ability to remove clips
- Xcode is not found when launching Unity with only tvOS module
- Compute shaders for sampling the color of a texture do not compute when running with a GPU that uses level 11.0