Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
TextAsset.bytes allocates memory on each call, need a NativeArray / non-alloc version
Calling TextAsset.bytes allocates a new C# array on every call. This can get expensive (both in memory usage and garbage collector pressure), especially if you want to read just several bytes from a potentially large asset.
A way for read-only access to the data without an extra allocation, perhaps via NativeArray<T> accessor, would be useful.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Silicon] Artifacts appear in the Game view when resizing the window/entering the Play Mode in a specific project
- Marker in the animation’s preview window doesn’t stop when reaching the end of the timeline and jumps to the start of the animation when moving it with the cursor
- Animation Event marker is not placed on the current time of the timeline when using the “Add Event” button
- Editor crashes on vector_map<ConstantString,AssetBundle when using the LoadAssetAsync function
- Fetched files in Perforce are automatically added to the change list when they are serialized