Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
TextAsset.bytes allocates memory on each call, need a NativeArray / non-alloc version
Calling TextAsset.bytes allocates a new C# array on every call. This can get expensive (both in memory usage and garbage collector pressure), especially if you want to read just several bytes from a potentially large asset.
A way for read-only access to the data without an extra allocation, perhaps via NativeArray<T> accessor, would be useful.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy