Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Terrain trees are not being culled by the camera's view transform therefore having the same lower performance
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Tree perf (HDRP).zip" and scene "TEST_SCENE"
2. Enter Play mode
3. In Profiler window, observe "PrepareSceneCullingParameters"
Expected result: PrepareSceneCullingParameters is more performant when the camera is not looking at the terrain
Actual result: camera view does not matter, the performance is the same
Reproducible with: 2018.4.24f1 (LWRP 4.10.0-preview), 2019.4.2f1(7.3.1, 7.4.1 HDRP and URP), 2020.1.0b14, 2020.2.0a15 (URP 8.1.0, 9.0.0-preview.14, HDRP 8.1.0, 9.0.0-preview.13)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] _ProjectionParams.x with Overlay rendering
- Assertion triggered when using Compile and show code button in Shader inspector
- Wrong elements are selected when holding shift and selecting Game Objects in the Scene Hierarchy
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast won't detect a hit with a mesh, if the direction happens to be along a face