Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
[Terrain] NullReference Exception thrown on assigning Terrain data asset to the terrain component when paint texture is selected
In Terrain, when paint texture is selected, deleting the Terrain component and again adding Terrain component to Terrain game object, NullReference Exception thrown on assigning Terrain data asset to the newly added terrain component.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > 3D object > Terrain > Inspector > Paint Terrain > Paint Texture.
3. Remove the Terrain component.
4. Hierarchy > Terrain > Add Component > Terrain
4. Assign Terrain data asset to the Terrain component.
5. Observe the errors in the console.
NullReference exceptions thrown
No errors in the console
2020.2.0a20, 2020.1.2f1, 2019.4.7f1, 2019.3.16f1, 2019.3.0a5
Working Fine in:
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.PaintTextureTool.OnInspectorGUI (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain, UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.IOnInspectorGUI editContext) (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.ShowPaint () (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <4a010c27075a4c2daedf3ee971af3236>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button