Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Terrain] NullReference Exception thrown on assigning Terrain data asset to the terrain component when paint texture is selected
In Terrain, when paint texture is selected, deleting the Terrain component and again adding Terrain component to Terrain game object, NullReference Exception thrown on assigning Terrain data asset to the newly added terrain component.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > 3D object > Terrain > Inspector > Paint Terrain > Paint Texture.
3. Remove the Terrain component.
4. Hierarchy > Terrain > Add Component > Terrain
4. Assign Terrain data asset to the Terrain component.
5. Observe the errors in the console.
NullReference exceptions thrown
No errors in the console
2020.2.0a20, 2020.1.2f1, 2019.4.7f1, 2019.3.16f1, 2019.3.0a5
Working Fine in:
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.PaintTextureTool.OnInspectorGUI (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain, UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.IOnInspectorGUI editContext) (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.ShowPaint () (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <4a010c27075a4c2daedf3ee971af3236>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up