Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Terrain] NullReference Exception thrown on assigning Terrain data asset to the terrain component when paint texture is selected
In Terrain, when paint texture is selected, deleting the Terrain component and again adding Terrain component to Terrain game object, NullReference Exception thrown on assigning Terrain data asset to the newly added terrain component.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > 3D object > Terrain > Inspector > Paint Terrain > Paint Texture.
3. Remove the Terrain component.
4. Hierarchy > Terrain > Add Component > Terrain
4. Assign Terrain data asset to the Terrain component.
5. Observe the errors in the console.
NullReference exceptions thrown
No errors in the console
2020.2.0a20, 2020.1.2f1, 2019.4.7f1, 2019.3.16f1, 2019.3.0a5
Working Fine in:
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.PaintTextureTool.OnInspectorGUI (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain, UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.IOnInspectorGUI editContext) (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.ShowPaint () (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <4a010c27075a4c2daedf3ee971af3236>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0
- [Physics] Character Joint jumps around when following Kinetic Rigidbody
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)