Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Terrain] NullReference Exception thrown on assigning Terrain data asset to the terrain component when paint texture is selected
In Terrain, when paint texture is selected, deleting the Terrain component and again adding Terrain component to Terrain game object, NullReference Exception thrown on assigning Terrain data asset to the newly added terrain component.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > 3D object > Terrain > Inspector > Paint Terrain > Paint Texture.
3. Remove the Terrain component.
4. Hierarchy > Terrain > Add Component > Terrain
4. Assign Terrain data asset to the Terrain component.
5. Observe the errors in the console.
NullReference exceptions thrown
No errors in the console
2020.2.0a20, 2020.1.2f1, 2019.4.7f1, 2019.3.16f1, 2019.3.0a5
Working Fine in:
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.PaintTextureTool.OnInspectorGUI (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain, UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.IOnInspectorGUI editContext) (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.ShowPaint () (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at <70c42c992fa442f8aa9edcf3e9f7b431>:0)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <4a010c27075a4c2daedf3ee971af3236>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU