Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.X
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll conflicts with .NET Standard profile
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "1235376_Repro" project
2. Observe the Console log
Expected result: No error is thrown
Actual result: System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll compatibility errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2021.2.12f1, 2021.3.2f1
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.35f1, 2021.2.11f1, 2021.3.3f1, 2022.1.2f1, 2022.2.0a15
Reproduced on: macOS 12.3 (Intel)
error CS0433: The type 'ValidationResult' exists in both 'Polyfill, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
error CS0738: 'EditorValidator' does not implement interface member 'IValidator.Validate()'. 'EditorValidator.Validate()' cannot implement 'IValidator.Validate()' because it does not have the matching return type of 'ValidationResult'.
Note: No compatibility issue occur when switching the "API Compatibility Level" to ".NET Framework"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
- Async Scene load operation with allowSceneActivation set to false completes when refocusing the Editor
- [Addressables] OperationException errors appear when using Synchronous loading of remote AssetBundles and RetryCount
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3):
Fixed in 2021.3.3f1