Search Issue Tracker
Switching graphics API to any OpenGL crashes Unity
*Note: apparently this bug is only reproducible on older machines using Intel HD Graphics, updating the drivers might solve the issue as well.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Unzip and open the project attached by user in Unity (Rockert.zip). *Note: it should reproduce even with a blank project.
2. Nothing should be happening. Now go to File > Build settings... > Player settings > Settings for PC, Mac & Linux Standalone.
3. Try changing the graphics API to OpenGL (Core, L2, ES2, ES3 should all give the same results).
4. Unity should crash.
*Note: I didn't have a machine on which I could reproduce this bug, so I asked @vitaly to try, since he had a machine with Intel HD Graphics. It only reproduced on one of his laptops, which was older.
5.3.0b6, 5.3.4f1, 5.3.4p1
Did not reproduce on:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2020.3] Play Mode has visual artifacts when Graphics API is set to DirectX12 with Dynamic Resolution enabled
- White texture appears when setting “RenderTextureFormat.Depth” to “RenderTexture” on the Camera
- Cursor is visible when using “Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked” and “Cursor.visible = false”
- Material.SetOverrideTag setting LightMode tag has no effect
- Decal is not rendered when in Camera component Culling Mask dropdown field Default is unselected