Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Surface shader Emission usage does not get detected when set with a specific expression using WorldNormalVector
Setting surface shader emission to a specific expression of "WorldNormalVector(Input, float3(0, 0, 1)).y" causes emission to not be used at all.
How to reproduce:
1. Open scene "EmissionChannelIssue" from the attached project
2. Inspect the sphere in Scene or Game view
Expected result: Sphere has white gradient from the middle to the top
Actual result: Sphere is completely black
Reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1, 2019.3.2f1, 2020.1.0a23
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1
Workaround: set a non-zero value to shader emission. Can be done at analysis stage without affecting output by using "#if defined(SHADER_TARGET_SURFACE_ANALYSIS)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Black albedo when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP Player