Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fix In Review for 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2020.1
Surface shader Emission usage does not get detected when set with a specific expression using WorldNormalVector
Setting surface shader emission to a specific expression of "WorldNormalVector(Input, float3(0, 0, 1)).y" causes emission to not be used at all.
How to reproduce:
1. Open scene "EmissionChannelIssue" from the attached project
2. Inspect the sphere in Scene or Game view
Expected result: Sphere has white gradient from the middle to the top
Actual result: Sphere is completely black
Reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1, 2019.3.2f1, 2020.1.0a23
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1
Workaround: set a non-zero value to shader emission. Can be done at analysis stage without affecting output by using "#if defined(SHADER_TARGET_SURFACE_ANALYSIS)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle System materials do not have transparency applied when loaded from an Asset Bundle
- [2D] Unable to select Sprite by clicking in Scene View when another Sprite is using _MainTex property with Tiling/Offset values
- Default Scripting Backend in Universal Render Pipeline template is set to il2cpp
- Texture importer assigns wrong texture compression formats to lightmap textures
- [WebGL] Input.GetAxis("Mouse X") and Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") return inconsistent values between positive and negative axes