Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.3, 2020.1
Surface shader Emission usage does not get detected when set with a specific expression using WorldNormalVector
Setting surface shader emission to a specific expression of "WorldNormalVector(Input, float3(0, 0, 1)).y" causes emission to not be used at all.
How to reproduce:
1. Open scene "EmissionChannelIssue" from the attached project
2. Inspect the sphere in Scene or Game view
Expected result: Sphere has white gradient from the middle to the top
Actual result: Sphere is completely black
Reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1, 2019.3.2f1, 2020.1.0a23
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1
Workaround: set a non-zero value to shader emission. Can be done at analysis stage without affecting output by using "#if defined(SHADER_TARGET_SURFACE_ANALYSIS)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version