Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Surface shader Emission usage does not get detected when set with a specific expression using WorldNormalVector
Setting surface shader emission to a specific expression of "WorldNormalVector(Input, float3(0, 0, 1)).y" causes emission to not be used at all.
How to reproduce:
1. Open scene "EmissionChannelIssue" from the attached project
2. Inspect the sphere in Scene or Game view
Expected result: Sphere has white gradient from the middle to the top
Actual result: Sphere is completely black
Reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1, 2019.3.2f1, 2020.1.0a23
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1
Workaround: set a non-zero value to shader emission. Can be done at analysis stage without affecting output by using "#if defined(SHADER_TARGET_SURFACE_ANALYSIS)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode] "InfoPlist (English)" is required when "InfoPlist (English (United States))" already exists
- [tvOS] Crash when closing the On Screen Keyboard with tvOS version <15.0
- Temporal Anti-aliasing (TAA) produces severe artifacting when quality set to Very High
- [iOS] Player crashes when using “WebCamTexture” on specific iOS devices
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player crash call stack is not displayed when the build is run with "-batchmode -nographics" arguments