Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Surface Shader compile fails if Input Struct has a field with the same name as a field in Output
1. Open attached project;
2. Select the Shader "TestSurfaceShader";
3. Notice the compilation error in the Inspector.
Expected result: shader is compiled successfully when input struct has a field with the same name as a field in the output.
Actual result: surface shader compile fails if input struct has a field with the same name as a field in the output, the error is thrown: "redefinition of 'surfInputAlpha'".
Reproduced on versions: 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0b10, 2018.2.0a3.
Not reproduced on version: 2017.3.1p3.
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.2.0b5, 2018.1.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework