Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Surface Shader compile fails if Input Struct has a field with the same name as a field in Output
1. Open attached project;
2. Select the Shader "TestSurfaceShader";
3. Notice the compilation error in the Inspector.
Expected result: shader is compiled successfully when input struct has a field with the same name as a field in the output.
Actual result: surface shader compile fails if input struct has a field with the same name as a field in the output, the error is thrown: "redefinition of 'surfInputAlpha'".
Reproduced on versions: 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0b10, 2018.2.0a3.
Not reproduced on version: 2017.3.1p3.
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.2.0b5, 2018.1.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- Usymtool does not support arm64e
- [Addressables] Exception is thrown when accessing AssetReference.Asset before the asset is loaded
- Terrain shortcut names and Terrain documentation are outdated
- Enabling "Opaque Texture" changes size of gizmos within the Game View