Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Surface Shader compile fails if Input Struct has a field with the same name as a field in Output
1. Open attached project;
2. Select the Shader "TestSurfaceShader";
3. Notice the compilation error in the Inspector.
Expected result: shader is compiled successfully when input struct has a field with the same name as a field in the output.
Actual result: surface shader compile fails if input struct has a field with the same name as a field in the output, the error is thrown: "redefinition of 'surfInputAlpha'".
Reproduced on versions: 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0b10, 2018.2.0a3.
Not reproduced on version: 2017.3.1p3.
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.2.0b5, 2018.1.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [M1] Build fails when the project's name contains Mac terminal's command and the scripting backend is set to IL2CPP
- DrawMeshInstancedProcedural error and a lot of other Shader errors when the TerraWorld package is imported to a project
- ObjectDisposedException is thrown when resizing an array drawn in a custom editor
- Package Manager doesn't show packages under the "Custom" tab when the packages are referenced locally
- [Linux] Crash on d_print_comp_inner when opening "Karting Microgame" template project