Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Startup time of the Editor is increased by 2 - 45 s according to the size of "Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "TestEditorVariants.zip"
2. Open the "SampleScene" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Wait until "Done" is printed in the console.
5. Close the Editor
6. Open the project again
Expected result: Startup time is not significantly increased
Actual result: Startup time is increased by 2-3 seconds (if Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants size is about 192 KB)
Reproducible with - 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a16
Could not test - 2018.4 (errors)
Wait until "Done" is printed multiple times for the Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants size to grow even more and increase the startup time even more
2-3 seconds startup time increase when EditorEncounteredVariants file size is 192KB
45 seconds startup time increase when EditorEncounteredVariants file size is 330KB
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.17f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.17f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.30f1