Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Startup time of the Editor is increased by 2 - 45 s according to the size of "Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "TestEditorVariants.zip"
2. Open the "SampleScene" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Wait until "Done" is printed in the console.
5. Close the Editor
6. Open the project again
Expected result: Startup time is not significantly increased
Actual result: Startup time is increased by 2-3 seconds (if Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants size is about 192 KB)
Reproducible with - 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a16
Could not test - 2018.4 (errors)
Wait until "Done" is printed multiple times for the Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants size to grow even more and increase the startup time even more
2-3 seconds startup time increase when EditorEncounteredVariants file size is 192KB
45 seconds startup time increase when EditorEncounteredVariants file size is 330KB
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached