Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Startup time of the Editor is increased by 2 - 45 s according to the size of "Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "TestEditorVariants.zip"
2. Open the "SampleScene" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Wait until "Done" is printed in the console.
5. Close the Editor
6. Open the project again
Expected result: Startup time is not significantly increased
Actual result: Startup time is increased by 2-3 seconds (if Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants size is about 192 KB)
Reproducible with - 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a16
Could not test - 2018.4 (errors)
Wait until "Done" is printed multiple times for the Library/ShaderCache/EditorEncounteredVariants size to grow even more and increase the startup time even more
2-3 seconds startup time increase when EditorEncounteredVariants file size is 192KB
45 seconds startup time increase when EditorEncounteredVariants file size is 330KB
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build