Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.3.X
SpringJoint2D sets 'frequency' to 0 and 'dampingRatio' to 1 when changing values via script
SpringJoint2D sets 'frequency' to 0 and 'dampingRatio' to 1 when changing values via script. For example in my script included in this folder, I try to set 'frequency' to 2 and 'dampingRatio' to 0.1 but the values which actually appear are 'frequency = 0' and 'dampingRatio = 1'.
1 Create new project
2 Drag scene "Spring2D_Bug" and script "SpringCheckr" to project (from attached folder)
3 Open scene "Spring2D_Bug", select Main camera in Hierarchy and attach script "SpringCheckr" to it
4 Press play and select Cube (that has Spring Joint 2D element) - notice that 'frequency = 0' and 'dampingRatio = 1' but should be 'frequency'=2 and 'dampingRatio'=0.1 according to script "SpringCheckr"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building Unity editor via CI results in "System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path" error
- [Editor] Side panel and graph divider gets stuck when dragged after selecting transition from Any State in Animator Window
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs