Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
[SpeedTree][Regression] Wind animates speedtrees when toggling some TerrainSettings or moving camera viewpoint
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project;
3. Extract attached package;
4. Open scene 'SpeedTreesAnimatedWhenChangingViewpoint';
5. Select Terrain gameobject;
6. In the Inspector go to Terrain Settings tab;
7. Drag any sliders in Terrain Settings tab (i.e. Pixel Error or Detail Distance).
8. Notice that Speedtrees are animated when toggling sliders (see attached gif video).
9. Select 'Main Camera' gameobject;
10. In the Inspector toggle camera's position by dragging mouse cursor;
11. Observe that SpeedTrees are animated when toggling Camera's transform (see attached gif video).
Regression introduced in Unity 5.5.
Speedtrees should not be animated when either toggling terrain settings or moving camera viewpoint.
- Reproducible in 5.5.0b2, 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0a6;
- Not reproducible in 5.4.0p3, 5.4.0f3;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.11.6 and Windows 10;
- Also sometimes repriduces when scrolling or moving viewpoint in Scene View.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset