Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
[SpeedTree][Regression] Wind animates speedtrees when toggling some TerrainSettings or moving camera viewpoint
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project;
3. Extract attached package;
4. Open scene 'SpeedTreesAnimatedWhenChangingViewpoint';
5. Select Terrain gameobject;
6. In the Inspector go to Terrain Settings tab;
7. Drag any sliders in Terrain Settings tab (i.e. Pixel Error or Detail Distance).
8. Notice that Speedtrees are animated when toggling sliders (see attached gif video).
9. Select 'Main Camera' gameobject;
10. In the Inspector toggle camera's position by dragging mouse cursor;
11. Observe that SpeedTrees are animated when toggling Camera's transform (see attached gif video).
Regression introduced in Unity 5.5.
Speedtrees should not be animated when either toggling terrain settings or moving camera viewpoint.
- Reproducible in 5.5.0b2, 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0a6;
- Not reproducible in 5.4.0p3, 5.4.0f3;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.11.6 and Windows 10;
- Also sometimes repriduces when scrolling or moving viewpoint in Scene View.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.DrawDottedLine does nothing when used in the Editor
- Wrong depth texture when using SetTargetBuffers when anti-aliasing is higher than 1
- .NET 4.6 EqualityComparer.Equals yields different results from .NET 3.5 on UnityEngine.Object
- Adding a specific script to gameObject crashes editor
- Crashes while undo changes after editing two scenes in Hierarchy Window and remove one without save