Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
[SpeedTree][Regression] Wind animates speedtrees when toggling some TerrainSettings or moving camera viewpoint
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project;
3. Extract attached package;
4. Open scene 'SpeedTreesAnimatedWhenChangingViewpoint';
5. Select Terrain gameobject;
6. In the Inspector go to Terrain Settings tab;
7. Drag any sliders in Terrain Settings tab (i.e. Pixel Error or Detail Distance).
8. Notice that Speedtrees are animated when toggling sliders (see attached gif video).
9. Select 'Main Camera' gameobject;
10. In the Inspector toggle camera's position by dragging mouse cursor;
11. Observe that SpeedTrees are animated when toggling Camera's transform (see attached gif video).
Regression introduced in Unity 5.5.
Speedtrees should not be animated when either toggling terrain settings or moving camera viewpoint.
- Reproducible in 5.5.0b2, 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0a6;
- Not reproducible in 5.4.0p3, 5.4.0f3;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.11.6 and Windows 10;
- Also sometimes repriduces when scrolling or moving viewpoint in Scene View.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ParticleSystem glitching/stretching in the build when enabling/disabling particles and manually rendering at WaitForEndOfFrame
- Having a method called Update in a ScriptableObject causes an error if it has a parameter
- Changing the center of mass makes the Rigidbody constraints fail to lock
- [Collab] Version control mode remains the same after enabling collab, but selection field becomes disabled
- Rendering a mesh using different vertices with same uv-coordinates renders some artifacts around the mesh