Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Specific Actions dropdown tab does not appear when setting the Target of the Touch Trigger in the LEGO Template
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user attached project
2. Enter the "LEGO Tutorial" Scene found in the Scenes folder (Assets -> LEGO -> Scenes)
3. Double click on the "Altar" Prefab GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Press on the yellow "Touch Trigger" Prefab GameObject
5. Change the Target of the "Touch Trigger Script" Component in the Inspector to "Specific Actions"
Expected result: A modifiable dropdown tab appears
Actual result: No modifiable dropdown tab is visible
Reproducible with: 2020.3.24f1
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.23f1
Couldn't test with: 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2 (No LEGO Template)
- Reproducible on a new LEGO Template project
Feb 07, 2022 21:12
I also had this issue, but I followed user A30_CREATIVE solution and it worked.
Feb 05, 2022 18:46
Had the same error, and SCHNUFFELDUFFEL's fix worked fine.
In a nutshell (coz concise is the name of the game here):
No need to close the Unity editor. The change you make will be detected and implemented automatically.
Use your folder search tool and find 'triggereditor.cs'.
Open that file in your favourite editor, e.g. VS Code.
Search the code for 'specific actions'. For me, the code in question was on line 72.
Change the 'false' to 'true' a the end of the line.
Save the file.
The foldout arrow will magically appear next to 'Specific Actions'.
Feb 05, 2022 05:03
Same issue in 2020.3.26f1ci
Feb 04, 2022 03:47
I've replaced the code that SCHNUFFELDUFFEL supplied, but now I get errors and can only enter in "safe mode". Really hope this gets resolved fast because I had so much fun!
Feb 04, 2022 00:29
Thanks SCHNUFFELDUFFEL, This fixed my problem, but I had to find the right duplicate lEGO tutorial folder and change the one that unity was choosing to open every time I would click All Tutorials. for me there were 8 different randomized number folders after the Temp folder, such as
b165562e8ee4796478872df3034b3271,-----, b12c71f6b74e5394da191e2d4afae3a8, -----,50c96020408c2454a9249355db828675. Not sure why this is(Perhaps because I had opened the Tutorials many different times from the Unity Hub and it created a new LEGO project folder for each one instead of opening the same one each time? No idea, just getting into learning unity and C# programming.
Thanks again for the fix!
Jan 19, 2022 05:16
update: tried a new project. Explode block is fine, but the fix didn't work for me sadly
Jan 19, 2022 04:04
I tried Schnuffelduffel's solution and it broke the explosion block tutorial. I literally just started learning so idk what to do
Jan 17, 2022 04:23
I sorted out the bug issue exactly as @SCHNUFFELDUFFEL said.
Many Thanks :)
Jan 16, 2022 19:16
im having the same issue with version 2020.3.26f1. please advise what to do? it seems i cant complete the tutorial without solving it
Jan 14, 2022 19:41
has found out the correct solution, just follow its steps.
I just make a bit tweak how to address the directory where is TrigerEditor.cs file
>open the folder where you saved the LEGO Microgame
>The rest is as @SCHNUFFELDUFFEL points
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: LEGO® Microgame v2.4.2