Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
Sometimes errors when LoadAssetAsync and UnloadUnusedAsset is called before GameObject asset is instantiated
When calling UnloadUnusedAssets in a script where a LoadAssetAsync has occured but asset not yet used, AssetBundleRequest.asset will sometimes instantiate with error:
The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'TestPrefab') is missing!
GameObject (named 'TestPrefab') references runtime script in scene file. Fixing!
while( true )
AssetBundleRequest request = m_assetBundle.LoadAssetAsync("TestPrefab", typeof(GameObject));
yield return request;
yield return Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets();
GameObject g = Instantiate<GameObject>(request.asset as GameObject);
The loading process should not fail and error messages should not appear.
Appears to happen less on OSX and IOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off