Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[Shuriken] MissingReferenceException thrown when undo operation is performed with Particle System object
When "Show Bounds" Enabled or Disabled earlier from Particle Effect Panel in the scene view and Undo operation is performed then it causes the editor to throw MissingReferenceException, refer the attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > Create > Effect > Particle System
3. Scene View > Particle Effect panel > Show Bounds, Show Only Selected > Enable OR Disable
4. Edit > Undo Create Particle System
MissingReferenceException is thrown on performing Undo operation when Show Bounds Enabled or Disabled earlier from Particle Effect Panel
Undo operation is performed gracefully with Particle System GameObject
2020.2.0a14, 2020.1.0b12, 2020.1.0b2
Working fine in:
Occurs only on Windows 10
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'ParticleSystem' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
UnityEditor.ParticleEffectUI.PlayBackInfoGUI (System.Boolean isPlayMode) (at <feb76e495af340bfbdc89fc2ad1b8ae4>:0)
UnityEditor.ParticleEffectUI.PlayStopGUI () (at <feb76e495af340bfbdc89fc2ad1b8ae4>:0)
UnityEditor.ParticleEffectUI.SceneViewGUICallback (UnityEngine.Object target, UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at <feb76e495af340bfbdc89fc2ad1b8ae4>:0)
UnityEditor.SceneViewOverlay.WindowTrampoline (System.Int32 id) (at <feb76e495af340bfbdc89fc2ad1b8ae4>:0)
UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <9e3b197786024cdcb531b292c5998102>:0)
UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <9e3b197786024cdcb531b292c5998102>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac