Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
Random Emission's Rate over Time is not affected by Auto Random Seed unless the particle is stopped and started via script
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "AutoRandomSeed_4.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Observe the two particle systems
Expected result: the particle systems are spawned at different rates (due to "Emission" being random and "Auto Random Seed" enabled)
Actual result: the particle systems have the same random seed, therefore, are spawned at the same time
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b4, 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.0a3, 2019.1.10f1, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.3.0a9
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.3.0b3, 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.0a2
to stop and play the particle system via script
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves