Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
Random Emission's Rate over Time is not affected by Auto Random Seed unless the particle is stopped and started via script
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "AutoRandomSeed_4.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Observe the two particle systems
Expected result: the particle systems are spawned at different rates (due to "Emission" being random and "Auto Random Seed" enabled)
Actual result: the particle systems have the same random seed, therefore, are spawned at the same time
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b4, 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.0a3, 2019.1.10f1, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.3.0a9
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.3.0b3, 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.0a2
to stop and play the particle system via script
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe Lightmap compression on iOS results in green lightmaps
- MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.UnityAPICompatibilityVersionAttribute..ctor
- [URP] Cannot assign overlay cameras to a camera stack while in Prefab Mode.
- "Go to previous Keyframe" button/shortcut does not work in the Animation Window
- Passing Scene names to LoadScene(Async)InPlayMode instead of full path loads empty Scenes