Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Shadows appear tiled when Render Mode is Mesh and GPU Instancing is enabled
Settings in Particle System for reproduction:
* Texture Sheet Animation enabled (is not necessary, helps to see the shadow texture)
* Renderer -> Render Mode -> Mesh
* Renderer -> Enable Mesh GPU Instancing enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ParticleTillingBug.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "SmokeParticleSystem" object
3. In Scene view, observe particle's shadows
Expected result: the shadow of the smoke particle is normaly projected onto the ground as shadow
Actual result: the shadow of the smoke is projected as a sprite sheet texture
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a3, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.3.0b3, 2018.1.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.11f1, 2018.1.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"
- [VerticalLayoutGroup] Children position is not updated when a child's scale is animated
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted