Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Using a particular light cookie leaks huge amounts of virtual memory and logs 'Shadowmap already exists in the cache' errors
When a particular light cookie is assigned to a light, errors are thrown each time view is updated (clicking on Inspector items, panning and rotating, or when in play mode).
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (cookieIssue.zip).
2) Play the 'Main' scene.
Errors are logged in the Console:
Assertion failed on expression: 'mainDirShadowLight != shadowMap.light'
Shadowmap already exists in the cache
Using Instruments on OSX shows that around 16GB of virtual memory is used (virtual memory is not shown in Activity Monitor FYI). IOKit is responsible for the leak. The editor becomes fully unresponsive after some time. The issue goes away when the cookie is removed from the directional light named 'CookieEverythingDirectionalLight'. The leak also occurs on iOS and OS terminates the app after a few seconds.
5.6.0a2, 5.5.0f1, 5.4.3f1, 5.3.7p1, 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- RectMask2D masks a child game object even if it is in the boundaries.
- [UI] Tiled Image stretches sprite borders in Tight mesh mode
- Child UI elements in parent Canvas cannot be configured after changing their Anchor preset and previewing it
- [iOS] Audio playback doesn't start immediately after resuming an app
- Can't install Unity 2017.1.0a1 on Windows 10 (Error: Unity requires Windows7 or later!)