Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Using a particular light cookie leaks huge amounts of virtual memory and logs 'Shadowmap already exists in the cache' errors
When a particular light cookie is assigned to a light, errors are thrown each time view is updated (clicking on Inspector items, panning and rotating, or when in play mode).
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (cookieIssue.zip).
2) Play the 'Main' scene.
Errors are logged in the Console:
Assertion failed on expression: 'mainDirShadowLight != shadowMap.light'
Shadowmap already exists in the cache
Using Instruments on OSX shows that around 16GB of virtual memory is used (virtual memory is not shown in Activity Monitor FYI). IOKit is responsible for the leak. The editor becomes fully unresponsive after some time. The issue goes away when the cookie is removed from the directional light named 'CookieEverythingDirectionalLight'. The leak also occurs on iOS and OS terminates the app after a few seconds.
5.6.0a2, 5.5.0f1, 5.4.3f1, 5.3.7p1, 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Chrome66: no longer playing integrated audio
- Chrome65 deprecation warning: AudioParam value setter will become equivalent to AudioParam.setValueAtTime()
- Turn off stats collection for areas hidden in Profiler window
- [PLM] Changing Indirect Intensity values don't affect light probes
- [Facebook] FileNotFound exception when switching SDK.